American Revolution Practice Quiz
Use this practice quiz to test your knowledge about the American Revolution.
The Stamp Act was imposed on the colonists by the British government as a means to pay for the cost of guarding the American Frontier. Most colonists didn't like that.
Please check your answer for question 1.
1. What did Great Britain create, in 1765, that put you on The Road to Revolution?
The Stamp Act
The Intolerable Acts
The Benny Hill Show
The Sons of Liberty was born in the years prior to the Tea Party. One of its members in Boston was Samuel Adams.
Please check your answer for question 2.
2. What was the name of the local political group that organized the Boston Tea Party?
The Sons of the Pioneers
The Sons of Liberty
The Sons of the American Revolution
Thomas Paine began writing Common Sense in 1775 and finished it in 1776. The pamphlet explained the benefits of independence and helped the cause of independence.
Please check your answer for question 3.
3. What was the name of the pamphlet written by Thomas Paine that pushed Americans to independence?
Sense and Sensibility
Not a single state, North or South, prohibited slavery. After the Revolution, states in the North began to abolish slavery, one by one.
Please check your answer for question 4.
4. As a black man in the newly formed United States, in how many states are you guaranteed freedom from slavery?
This is just a guess, but it's the best one historians have made about the numbers of loyalists during the Revolution.
Please check your answer for question 5.
5. About how many Americans would remain faithful to the British crown (calling themselves Loyalists) through the course of the Revolution?
Enter your name to get credit for your practice quiz.
Do Not Fill This Out